Wow, what a month April was! I finally started Make & Take classes at Hobby Lobby, which have been SO fun, but extremely time consuming. I also found out that the company I was working for was going out of business by the end of the month, so I’ve been preparing myself for the big job hunt. Another bummer, that also means I had to give back my computer with Photoshop, but life goes on!
That hasn’t left a lot of time for me to blog or really check in with my website at all! As I have more free time on my hands for the time being (besides applying and interviewing for jobs!), I want to get back into the swing of things with my blog posts!
Today I bring you my favorite face mask recipe to date! An amazingly clarifying Activated Charcoal Mask, enjoy!
- 1 tbsp Amazonian/Bentonite Clay
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablet of Activated Charcoal (found in the supplement section of most grocery stores)
- 2 drops Aloe gel
- 2 drops Young Living Purification essential oil
- [Optional] 2 drops Young Living Tea Tree essential oil (when you’re trying to stop a spot in its tracks)
Just mix the ingredient together and store in an air tight container to enjoy all week long!
**Note** You can change up this recipe in SO many ways just by adding different essential oils- some of my other favorites are Lavender, Frankincense or Geranium!
Here is a little recipe for making your own makeup brush shampoo at home! It uses four Young Living essential oils from the Premium Starter Kit:
- Purification (blend of Citronella, Lemongrass, Lavandin, Rosemary and Tea Tree oil): antibacterial, tissue regeneration, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, disinfectant and purifier
- Lemon: antiseptic and fights acne and anxiety
- Lavender: antiseptic, antifungal and combats skin conditions such as eczema, acne, psoriasis and scarring
- Tea Tree: antibacterial, disinfectant and fights acne
It’s so important to give your brushes a regular deep cleaning! They can be a breeding ground for bacteria and rubbing old makeup all over your face will lead to breakouts!
Here’s what you’ll need:
In a small glass jar or lotus bowl, mix together the ingredients above. Saturate bristles under warm, running water and dip into soap/oil mixture. Gently rub bristles in a circular motion against the palm of your hand for about ten seconds. Rinse soap under running water until bristles are clean and void of makeup. Lightly shake out the brush and lay them flat on their side on a towel to dry out over night. DO NOT let them dry upright or water may back into the handle and weaken the glue bonding.
In between deep washes, use this makeup refresh spray to clean and disinfect your brushes after every use.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Combine all ingredients in a glass spray bottle and replace lid. Spray cleaner 1-2 times directly on bristles. Rub bristles in circular motion against a clean tissue to remove makeup for about 5 seconds.
Get your Premium Starter Kit, including all of the oils you will need for this recipe, here. Member benefits include wholesale pricing on oils (that’s 24% off!), monthly promo offers (yay free stuff!) and the choice to enroll in an Essential Rewards program that allows you to earn points on each purchase and use the points for even more free stuff!
As always, feel free to email me with any questions you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to chat with you about how essential oils can benefit YOU!